I’m having an issue with editing Managed Properties in a Search Service I migrated from SP2013 to SP2019, yes I bounced it through SP2016, with the DB attach method. I’ve run a full crawl in SP2019 but when I try to edit a managed property from Central Admin I get this error when I try to save the changes.
The settings could not be saved because of an internal error: Search has encountered a problem that prevents results from being returned. If the issue persists, please contact your administrator.
This is not a permissions issue, I’ve tried with several different accounts including the farm account and the installer account. I checked and I am able to edit the properties in SP2013, and in the SP2016 farm that i’m bouncing through.