My company has just created a new web service that allows you to create customized “screens” from your Google calendar events, tasks, news, photos, IP cameras, and many others. You can then display these screens on any Android, Android TV, or Fire OS device (Shields, Fire Stick, Android tablets, etc) with full remote control, scheduling, or control via Alexa or IFTTT.
Obviously there are already similar products out there in the wild, but ours is geared more towards Cloud based automation and people who use a lot of Android devices in their homes or businesses.
The service has both Free and Pro (paid) tiers. In terms of the product features, both tiers are identical. The Free tier adds an advertising bar at the top of your screens, where the Pro has no ads. Free also requires periodic Recaptcha verification to combat the bots.
I am posting here in the hope of getting some feedback from this most excellent tech crowd 🙂
Specifically, here are some areas we could use your help on:
- Freemium structure: Do you prefer full features with ads or an ad free only basic features (for free accounts)?
- Do you find our screen design simple to use? If not, why?
- We have many remote control options. Is there a particular method we are missing?
- We support PIP display on most devices. Do you ever use PIP on your Android streaming devices?
- What do you like and dislike about the service in general?
The service is called SplashTiles and you can test it at https://splash-tiles.com. There are also demo videos there you that show how it works without needing to create an account.
Thanks for any feedback you can provide!!