For situations like Obscuring Mist, darkness, and other vision impairment, how have you successfully enforced that?
Measurements of success:
- Players are able to manipulate their character on a battle grid to explore the area of restricted sight
- The GM can interrupt players when their sensory information changes without significantly interrupting play each round
- Ideally, you would also avoid constantly moving them back
- You have some method of providing information to players about what their character perceives
- Ideally, only the player that “should” have the exact knowledge would have it, and others only what they can convey
Good answer(s) will follow the concept of Good Subjective and cover key ponts
- What has been your experience using the system?
- IE player feedback, how you felt it worked
- How you were able to restrict sight and also reveal information
- Did you just tell the one player? Did everybody get to know when Bob was next to the bad guy?
Related for Roll20 Virtual TT