Ok, I read the responses to my last question, and took them into consideration while trying to design my modern era magic-proof underground airbase.
So, we have some mundane methods of control first:
- Uber-tight control over things and information leaving the facility, to prevent would-be spies from getting their mits on anything that could be used in spells to track individuals or equipment.
- The curved armor that protects the entire underground facility incorporates a 1-foot thick layer of lead.
The magical defenses include:
- A Weirdstone at the heart of the facility, protected via a blast-resistant armored casing.
- Permanent Forbiddance spells covering every square foot of floorspace.
- A permanent Mordenkainen’s Private Sanctum protecting each main command and control center.
- Permanent Anti-Magic Fields around the perimeter of the bunker.
Perhaps it’s a bit extreme, but this is a critical defense facility that has nuclear warheads on site. Overkill is always better then not enough. So, are there any discernible chinks in this place’s defense that I failed to notice?
I basically want the only options for getting into this place to be either
- A: Be let in after being cleared through security.
- B: Blow the top of the mountain off.
- C. Ask for help from a god.
The sheer cost of all this would not necessarily be an issue, as this is a government project for the nation’s military.