Though I’m thinking it may be not the best place to ask, but there will be more people who came from windows and faced same problems. So, I want to ask it here.
The thing is, my Laptop came with pre-installed Windows 8 and now I desperately trying to use linux on it. Even I tried lightest distros but experience was not as good as I expected. I found out the reason that my PC hardwares were built for windows system.
Note: The main reason for me returning to windows 7 is I can play Dota 2 with 35~40 fps.
I’m giving some specification of my PC below:
- System Manufacturer – Hewlett-Packard
- System Model – HP ProBook 450 G1
- System Type – x64-based PC
- Processor – Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
- BIOS VersionDate – Hewlett-Packard L74 Ver. 01.47, 7302018
- Total Physical Memory – 3.90 GB
Problems on linux:
- High CPU usage
- Long time on opening apps
- Dota 2 fps drop down to 9~10
It would a great help if anyone can tell me any linux distro where these problem could resolve.