The main goal is to monitor all the URL logging (HTTPS) of a specific device in my Network. So I’m decided to buy a Security tool WifiPineApple from Hak5 store.
Chromecast, and maybe
Steps (Windows 10 PC)
I did :
- configured a Network Sharing from my Ethernet to the WifiPineApple : here
- configured Static IP to my WifiPineApple as
172.16.42.42as required : here
- login into the GUI portal, finishing the setup, root password, and SSIDs
- allow all clients to connect
- installed “SSLSplit” module from Community Repository, and start it
I can see the SSID being broadcasted, and connected to it. I tested the Speedtest, I got about 30 Mbps after connected.
Then, I tried to load the HTTPS site, it takes forever to load a simple page.
and the portal is not even auto refresh as they claimed it should …
- How good could it be to sniff the traffic that take 10 minutes to load a simple page ?
- Am I using WifipineApple not correctly ?
- Should I use a different modules for SSL Strip HTTPS traffic/request ? I’ve tried
urlsnarf, buy they also works very sluggish and only works for HTTP.
- Should I look into other options since WifipineApple, not being so efficient?
- With my Network diagram in mind, should I look a better tools/applications like maybe spin up another router in between the router & the modem ?
To reiterate my goal, my expectation is very simple, I want to see the URL logs of all the sites requested by my iPad at the particular moment. I can care less about these information
payload, and even
credentials, I only care about requested URLs or history.
If anyone has any suggestions for me, I would love to take your advice.