So I found out a couple of days ago that amazon.com has changed its behavior when trying to make a purchase. For years and up until recently, I could open a browser, log into amazon, close the browser. When I would open the browser again and direct it to amazon, the site would know my account but not allow me to check out without providing the password first. This allowed other people in the house to watch prime videos but not abuse my account and make unauthorized purchases. This apparently changed last week. Now, if I use amazon and close the browser without logging out or clearing cookies, then whoever uses the same browser after me can make purchases without being prompted for a password! I don’t have 1-click enabled anywhere, my browser doesn’t have the password stored, and auto sign-in is disabled. Tried this in Firefox and Chrome to the same effect.
Has anyone else experienced this, particularly on Windows? My main concern is that this is a security issue on shared computers. Is this supposed to be a new feature (I don’t want it…)?
I have earn $ 600 from Amazon.com associate program and I choose payment method Amazon.com gift certificate/card. My question is can I use it to buy some product in Amazon.co.uk?
I ordered some items in amazon.com .Payment mode was through mastercard debit and I was not asked for cvv. This is the first time i added the debit card though I initially had my credit card details added to my account. The card is tied to a non US bank account.
Amazon.com have made some changes to the program operating agreement All changes are effective on April 1, 2016.
Mobile Update: Mobile Applications will be eligible to enroll into the Program, subject to the Mobile Application…
Amazon.com Associates Update (1st April 2016)
This update applies to Amazon.com affiliates and includes:
- MyHabit (a separate fashion website owned by Amazon) is closing and affiliate commissions will no longer be paid. Fashion items on Amazon.com are not affected
- Consent update. Your website and use of the Amazon Associates program may be shown as an example to others
- Amazon third party videos – you can now get $ 3 for every subscription to a third-party network.
- Disclosure update – See section 10 on the associates…
Amazon.com Associates Update (15th May 2016)
This update applies to Amazon.com affiliates and has some good news:
- If you live in Louisiana, you can now be an Amazon affiliate again
- You get $ 3 bounty for 3-month Amazon Prime gifts
- You get $ 3 bounty for Amazon Music Unlimited free trial sign ups
The full email about this update is below and you can read the full operating agreement at https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/operating/compare?ref_=pe_2511080_220231360…
Amazon.com Associates Update (23rd December 2016)
Amazon.com Associates Changes – 1st August 2017
See below for changes that came into affect on the date above:
- We’ve added bounty events for Amazon Prime Monthly Discounted Offering Free Trial and Twitch Prime. We also deleted references to expired bounties relating to Prime Day and provided homepage URLs for Amazon Prime Gifting bounty events.
- We’ve excluded products sold through Prime Wardrobe from eligible Products.
- We added a new Program Policy relating to Local…
Amazon.com Associates Update – 1st August 2017