This weekend I decided to add the keylayout for an Xbox 360 wired to be able to use it on Android, because now it just only blinks when I connect it.
I searched in the site about other people that could have the same problem (because the tutorial in the internet about only plugin the OTG cable in, and that’s not how things go normally), but neither of then could illuminate me.
- OTG cable just works fine (I used a pendrive of some years ago, so…)
- The Xbox 360 wired controller is just a normal one like this (also, it is about 5V and 400mA, maybe the tablet cannot give that much power support?)
- I created the required vendor files (
Vendor_046d_Product_c219.kl are the names I finded so far), setted its permissions (644) and restarted the tablet. The content is the same in all of them:
# Copyright (C) 2011 The Android Open Source Project # # Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); # you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. # You may obtain a copy of the License at # # http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 # # Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software # distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, # WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. # See the License for the specific language governing permissions and # limitations under the License. # # XBox 360 USB Controller # key 304 BUTTON_A key 305 BUTTON_B key 307 BUTTON_X key 308 BUTTON_Y key 310 BUTTON_L1 key 311 BUTTON_R1 key 314 BUTTON_SELECT key 315 BUTTON_START key 316 BUTTON_MODE key 317 BUTTON_THUMBL key 318 BUTTON_THUMBR # Left and right stick. # The reported value for flat is 128 out of a range from -32767 to 32768, which is absurd. # This confuses applications that rely on the flat value because the joystick actually # settles in a flat range of +/- 4096 or so. axis 0x00 X flat 4096 axis 0x01 Y flat 4096 axis 0x03 Z flat 4096 axis 0x04 RZ flat 4096 # Triggers. axis 0x02 LTRIGGER axis 0x05 RTRIGGER # Hat. axis 0x10 HAT_X axis 0x11 HAT_Y
So I decided to see what the log was saying. I did a
logcat and then…
u0_a81@Aquaris_M10:/ # cat /sdcard/my-log-file.txt | grep Microsoft 01-20 16:03:04.340 731 1018 D UsbAlsaManager: deviceRemoved(): Microsoft Corporation Controller 01-20 16:03:07.971 731 1018 D UsbHostManager: Added device UsbDevice[mName=/dev/bus/usb/001/005,mVendorId=1118,mProductId=654,mClass=255,mSubclass=255,mProtocol=255,mManufacturerName=Microsoft Corporation,mProductName=Controller,mVersion=2.0,mSerialNumber=15E8D53,mConfigurations=[ 01-20 16:03:07.971 731 1018 D UsbHostManager: UsbInterface[mId=3,mAlternateSetting=0,mName=Xbox Security Method 3, Version 1.00, 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.,mClass=255,mSubclass=253,mProtocol=19,mEndpoints=]] 01-20 16:03:07.993 731 1018 D UsbAlsaManager: deviceAdded(): Microsoft Corporationnm:Controller 01-20 16:03:33.424 731 1018 D UsbAlsaManager: deviceRemoved(): Microsoft Corporation Controller 01-20 16:03:36.930 731 1018 D UsbHostManager: Added device UsbDevice[mName=/dev/bus/usb/001/006,mVendorId=1118,mProductId=654,mClass=255,mSubclass=255,mProtocol=255,mManufacturerName=Microsoft Corporation,mProductName=Controller,mVersion=2.0,mSerialNumber=15E8D53,mConfigurations=[ 01-20 16:03:36.930 731 1018 D UsbHostManager: UsbInterface[mId=3,mAlternateSetting=0,mName=Xbox Security Method 3, Version 1.00, 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.,mClass=255,mSubclass=253,mProtocol=19,mEndpoints=]] 01-20 16:03:36.951 731 1018 D UsbAlsaManager: deviceAdded(): Microsoft Corporationnm:Controller u0_a81@Aquaris_M10:/ #
There you can see that the vendor and product IDs are different (1118 and 654 respectively), so I tried to make another vendor file (
Vendor_1118_Product_654.kl), setted its permissions, and restarted. But keeps the same. It is supossed to let you navigate over it, selecting apps and also, but nothing. I also tried playing Asphalt Nitro (looks like those are some of the games with support for controllers) with no luck.
It’s my first time into Android, and so far all good tutorials just say to copy those vendor files, set their permissions, and then restart. But for me it isn’t working.
My Android’s version is 6.0. I don’t know if you need the kernel’ and compilation number, but tell me.