Magento 2.2 Hi all been using MAGE for about 2 months now and I am a Neophyte to front and back end. I am looking for a little guidance in changing form “developer” to “production” mode. I don’t use the CL, I use a combo of my FTP access and CMS.
- What is the order of changing modes?
- What cashe folders do I delete?
I changed modes by going to:
- app/etc/ and opening env.php
- then I changed MAGE_MODE’ => ‘developer’ to MAGE_MODE’ => ‘production’
I have read that I have to delete the files in the cash folders.
- What should I do first? Delete cashe or change modes?
- Which folders and which files should I clear from what file paths?(In the examples I have seen the file structure is different from mine).
I have read a few articles and posts on when to use which mode but I am still a little unclear. Could you give me examples of what mode to use for what?
- Developer mode: What tasks should I do in this mode?
- Production mode: What tasks should I do in this mode?
I hope this is not too tall an order to ask. So please forgive my newness to Magento. I really appreciate you offering your professional advice and time!!!!
Thank you so much !!! Humbly, the Mage_Neophyte
I am working in a ML and AI lab, where I need some input from the project managers and software developers on their biggest pain. I thought I can use this platform to reach out to them. I posted that question at this link, but looks like this may not be the best fit. Can you tell me the best forum or any other online source where I can reach out to the project managers and software developers?
i am in developer mode. Is it normal that my css files are loading as static files? I know it can be a stupid question, but i need to understand. Thank you
I’m no pro in Oracle or PL/SQL Developer (I mostly use and admin mySQL and MS SQL Server).
I’m not an admin of any sort, but have read access to many tables in Oracle via PL/SQL Developer.
I need the ability to schedule an automatic (say, daily) export of a few tables (well, queries) in CSV format. Whether it’s to my local computer, network, email — anything.
Does anyone know how this might be achieved?
So I started a month ago at relatively small company (12 people in the building) as a junior developer without professional experience apart from my own (7 years) and no degree. We’re building a JEE app that’s been going on for 15 years, and for the next version it was decided we would rebuild the frontend, removing frames/iframes/JSP and using a restish API. They also decided that we would use ExtJS as a framework. I just started discovering it and here is what I thought:
- They have a large, although far from exhaustive, base of available components
- The framework provides poor information over encountered errors. For instance, it doesn’t test the type of data sent to classes, leading to cryptic
x is not a function where a proper framework like react would have said
x is y expected a z.
- The community is small and googling errors is often useless, so you are left helpless / requiring a senior dev’s help
- The UI looks like shit. Seriously. Their icons are ugly. Their buttons are just rectangles. They have a poor choice of colors. Do the even have a designer? A six years-old could have done a but better job.
- The underlying mechanics are not obvious: scopes are unclear, what a single param will effectively do is unclear…
I’m not the only one feeling that way, our intern webdesigner agrees.I’d like to bring this up to my manager, I think if I brought it up the right way he would listen. Although, it’s not the first time I talked about technology choices (we still use CVS and we don’t use any build tool like maven) but I do believe that the technology choice, when rebuilding from the ground, is a matter of importance and going off the wrong foot might be detrimental.
I already asked why they would choose ExtJS over React/angular etc and it seems because – our headquarters like extjs, and already paid for it – licensing might cause issue with another approch (since we would need several libs) – tech debt could be an issue (eg Angular versionning)
I have been working as a freelance web developer and SEO marketer for more than 11 years. I have served hundreds of clients in the past years and would love to offer you the same quality and satisfaction on your next project.
What Am I Offering
Amazon product review sites are at high demand now and people are making their fortune with these authority websites. Many of you have been trying to acquire a well established Amazon authority site that will make you good…
[For Hire] Experienced Amazon Authority Niche Site Developer | Need An Amazon Niche Site We Can Help
I make a couple of WordPress websites for clients every month, they are not heavy websites, mainly small business or portfolios. I’m… | Read the rest of http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1733833&goto=newpost
Not exactly a game developer question but couldn’t find a better place to ask. If the answer is no, why they do not make it available for free (officially!)?