5e is a much more mechanically simple game than 3.5e and if we concern ourselves only with first party, officially published, fully edited, non-playtest material such as the official books, we find that the release pace of 5e has been much slower than 3.5e. In total, one would hope that the editing quality of 5e has been superior to that of 3.5e. But has this actually turned out to be the case?
To give some examples of how this question can be answered without too much focus on opinion-based elements, here are some objective standards for how we can say that the editing of 3.5e was poor:
- Lack of due care. Examples include:
- This handbook counts almost 1,000 dysfunctional rules in 3.5e. This includes blunders such as example characters being invalid, things imported from 3e that no longer make sense in 3.5e, or rules having a clear disparity between RAI and RAW.
- Poor errata quality. Notorious cases include the Rainbow Servant’s “text trumps table” issue, WotC simply giving up after failing to fix Polymorph, and the Tome of Battle errata becoming a copy and paste of the errata for Complete Mage halfway through.
- Books that are notorious for their poor editing, such as Serpent Kingdoms.
- Game design blunders. Examples include:
- The huge disparity between the usefulness of classes.
- Classes that were obviously never playtested. The Truenamer is particularly notorious for this. It is not broken as in overpowered, it’s broken as in “does not work without the DM houseruling over the gaps and contradictions in its rules”.
- Feats that are either “trap choices” (what Druid doesn’t take Natural Spell at level 6? And several PHB feats) or make your character worse despite appearing to be improvements (e.g. Vow of Poverty).
- Several of the items in Weapons of Legacy make your character worse in exchange for giving you things that you could have easily obtained elsewhere.
- Epic Spellcasting is either useless or game-breaking depending on what version you allow, no middle ground.
So, to repeat my question, how does 3.5e compare to 5e in non-opinion based editing regards such as these?
Using inspect element, I can edit a link so it becomes:
<a id=x tabindex=1 onactivate=alert(1)>StackOverlow Question Title here</a>
When clicked upon it opens a popup in edge with the text “1”. Is it a possible XSS attack?
Some undo for text editor editors handle text input differently.
- Every key press is a single undo step.
Typing in a word N characters long, requires N undo steps.
- Undo steps use word boundaries
Undoing will undo each word entered.
- Undo steps use timer-based boundaries
If you stop typing N milliseconds – this adds an undo step.
- Undo steps add boundaries every N characters entered.
Given these different ways of handling undo for text input, are there strong reasons to pick one of these over another?
This question is an exact duplicate of:
- Is bypassing client-side protections a XSS vulnerability?
< > sanitization. I succeded after looking up the solution elsewhere.
script tags to the input fields? And how does it threaten real users?
I know the challenge was ‘simple’ and there are no users who are threatened, but is it the same concept in real life? Thanks in advance.
I have always been curious as to how google solved the solution of real time collaboration in their google docs product where they allow multiple users to edit and read the same document in real time.
I believe this is very similar to the well known readers and writers problem.
In some of the solutions that i have seen, we would need a mutex of some kind whereby the writers will have exclusive lock to the document itself and readers will not be able to read the document at all.
But in the google docs case, it is quite interesting whereby another user can read the document in real time and two users can both edit the same document at the same time without any conflicts which is very impressive to me.
Starting from merging photos ,removing the background , photo crop and editing an image. I can do everything for you just in 5$ 1. Photoshop editing2. Photo crop3. removing background4. Photo manipulation5. Adjust lighting/contrast6. Merging photosand much more Or anything else you can throw at me. ✰ If you have questions about my service, then please send me a message at any time. I will respond to you asap. Order now and make the most of my photoshop editing service!
Category: Art & Design
PHOTOSHOP Editing, Retouching and Background Removal Being a Photoshop addict and lover, I love to edit and retouch photos It’s kind of a passion for me and so I would love of offer you my expertise of Photoshop to edit your images to give them a professional look. I will do any Photoshop edit you want for $ 5. Just send me your photos with your requirements and be relaxed to get your images edited with a professional touch. Benefits you get with this gig : Big discount for big orders !!! Unlimited revision with no extra cost Fast delivery Quick response Feel free to message me if you have any question or have any custom request. My Services: ✔ Image editing and retouching ✔ Improve and enhance photos ✔ Editing product images for Amazon and eBay ✔ Background removal / Clipping path ✔ Color correction and adjustment ✔ Restoration of the old image ✔ Photo Manipulation ✔ Brightness, color, and contrast adjustment ✔ Color mode conversion – RGB to CMYK ✔ Cropping and Resizing ✔ + More …. Thanks
Category: Graphics & Logos
I would like to remove the ‘Organize Desktop by Name’ action, or at least edit the desktop right click menu to put an indent between ‘paste’ and ‘Organize Desktop by Name’, so I don’t keep mucking up my desktop icon layout when I missclick and hit the latter when intending to hit the former.
Nautilus actions helps define and add new actions, but I’ve been unable to use it to remove already existing actions.
Any help is much appreciated.
Hi, I am a highly Experienced ProfessionalGraphic Designer over 7 years of experience . I am focused on my Photo Retouching and Image Editing Services to satisfy my Clients efficiently. I love to use Adobe Photoshop to do various projects a day. My aim is to provide affordable fastest image retouching services. My Photoshop Services: Photo Retouching ✯ Skin Smoothing ✯ Remove blemishes/dark circles/wrinkles ✯ Image retouching for eyes/teeth/hair ✯ Photo enhancement ✯ Retouch headshot Background Removal ✯ Removing background (Transparent & Blur) ✯ Add new background ✯ Amazon & eBay Background editing ✯ Remove object ✯ Photo manipulation Photo Enhancement ✯ Adding filters/effects ✯ Improving quality ✯ Changing color ✯ Adjusting light and colors ✯ Wedding enhancement for photo retouching ✯ Landscape enhancement Photo Editing ✯ Muscle/Posture enhancement ✯ Image editing/cropping ✯ Product Logo editing ✯ Restore images ✯ Change image format ✯ Document Photoshop editing Why Order me? Express Delivery, Usually in Few Hours Discounted Price 24 Hrs Service Client Satisfaction I am here for any Photoshop task. Message or Order Me.
Category: Graphics & Logos