Just ran into the strangest of bugs:
I set up an entirely new project by hand for only [SERE] Social Profiles. Unlike what I would normally do, I use no proxies and only one email – because these are profiles to be set up with the real client name, photo etc.
Lo and behold. some engines use other emails – emails that aren’t mine: email@example.com for mixcloud or firstname.lastname@example.org for disqus. email@example.com for houzz and maybe more, because then I stopped it.
I often use gmx or gmail. so I double checked those addresses, they are definitely not mine and are not used in any other project.
No wonder the registration rate is so low. In a normal project, with lots of other variables going on, I would have never seen this.
Guys, if you use SEREngines, please check with one of your projects. Needless to say, I will report this to James as well, because I’m pretty sure this is an error in the engine.
PS Some other engines register ok e.g. yelp, calameo or vimeo