Issue about the external display on macOS Mojave

After I install macOS Mojave, the external display became very strange.

First of all, I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), and I’m very sure I’m not in the mirror mode because I can put different applications on each display.

  1. When I tried to switch between desktops on the external display (that’s my main screen), the one on the MacBook will switch with it. This is very annoying because the desktop I can use now is very limited.

  2. When I play the movie in the full-screen mode, the other display will be pure black.

These only happen after my update to Mojave, so I guess it is the problem of the system. Am I the only one have this problem?

Posting to Drupal Form via External URL

I am writing an application (non-Drupal) that is POSTing to a 3rd party public form written in Drupal. The problem I am running into is that the 3rd party form never processes the request, it only returns the original form. Is there a trick to posting to Drupal forms? The URL that I am attempting to post to is:

https://www.modelaircraft.org/membership/verify?ama_number=123&last_name=smith&op=Submit&form_id=membership_verify_form

The response should have the following fragment:

<div role="alert">   <h2 class="visually-hidden">Error message</h2>   No match found for AMA 123 and last name smith. Please verify. 

But it does not.

Attempted to change permissions on external hard drive files via command line, now several terabytes of data appear to be missing

I was attempting to modify the permission of my 4TB external hard drive to enable streaming to another machine via a third party app. The process was taking a long time, so I left the computer alone and came back some time later. On return, the computer had gone to sleep, and when reexamining the drive, I saw that the filesystem appeared empty, whereas before there were 2.3TB of data. On viewing the Properties menu of the disk, it said that there were 5GB of data.

Is it possible that the original data is still present, just hidden somehow? If so, how could I recover it?

I’m relatively new to ubuntu and would appreciate any help, as many of the photos on that hard drive are irreplaceable.

Where and how to connect to external API in my service class?

In my service class I would like to connect to external API. Where and how should I do it?

1) Inject in constructor ExternalClass and assign to private property. Next in other property in constructor call connect.

public MyClass(ExternalApi externalApi) {     this.externalApi = externalApi;     this.ExternalApiConnect externalApiConnect = externalApi.connect; }      public void firstMethod() {    externalApiConnect.first(); }  public void secondMethod() {    externalApiConnect.second(); } 

2) Outside constructor, so if I build dependencies in DI, then I don’t call connection to external service.

private ExternalApiConnect externalApiConnect;  public MyClass(ExternalApi externalApi) {     this.externalApi = externalApi;  }      public void firstMethod() {    if (externalApiConnect == null) {         externalApiConnect = externalApi.connect;    }    externalApiConnect.first(); }  public void secondMethod() {    if (externalApiConnect == null) {         externalApiConnect = externalApi.connect;    }    externalApiConnect.second(); } 

But now I have two repetitions and I have state in my service class. I don’t think the state should be in service class?

How is the best way for this?

Call external API on change to Azure SQL database table

We have a table called Guest in an Azure SQL database. We also have a campaign management tool sitting behind an API on the providers cloud.

When a record is created, updated or deleted in the Guest table, we would like to call the API in order to update the campaign management tool with the latest information about the Guest.

Our initial idea was to hook up a database trigger to a C# .NET Azure Function, however, it looks like this is only supported in Cosmos DB.

We would prefer not to have an application running on a scheduled task that periodically checks for changes in the database and sends these changes to the API.

We have also been reading about creating CLR stored procedures but it looks like these are not supported in Azure SQL databases.

Looking forward to hearing ideas & suggestions.