ssh-gen by default creates a public key like
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2E…6OEBTVwLRP1Ocyr user@DESKTOP-8BL3U5O
The Raspbian 9 has a different format
|1|dMpV8+ILjAAD11mhp57Q7hVk/4A=|pvCuzPyguQCwV9cN908uBz6CZLE= ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2E…6OEBTVwLRP1Ocyr
What is the field before ssh-rsa. How to generate it so id_rsa.pub can be inserted into know_hosts?
I am running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-52-generic x86_64) and the bluetooth keeps connecting and disconnecting. When I enter bluetoothctl and have devices paired etc..I try to connect to one of the device by
connect FC:8F:90:26:CF:47 it reports back saying connected and after 2 seconds it says disconnected.
I have got everything installed I think i.e.
- bluez is already the newest version (5.50-0ubuntu0ppa1)
- libudev-dev is already the newest version (237-3ubuntu10.23)
- libical-dev is already the newest version (3.0.1-5)
- libreadline-dev is already the newest version (7.0-3)
I know there was and update/upgrade of Ubuntu in early June 2019 which I did and ever since then I am having problems.
Furthermore I cannot use bluetooth in virtual environment either i.e. I am running docker containers that use bluetooth.
Can anyone help please?
I want to use my old smartphone (Moto 3G) like Rassbery Pi to make some low level things with just terminal. I want to install GNU/Linux in text mode, get access to it with SSH, get connection to Internet and have possibility to type in installed system with onscreen keyboard like in android.
Important thing is that, I want to FULLY remove android and install GNU/Linux in this place. I don’t care about SMS, Phone calls etc. ( But things like camera handling, and way to see battery status, playing/recording sounds, or changing screen brightness of the screen are nice to have).
Is there any distribution that can satisfy me? And how can I install chosen system instead of android?
I am running a headless Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS Media Server. I upgraded it many moons ago from 16 and the server has been rock solid for a very long time. In the past month or so, the machine becomes completely unresponsive. IE No pings, SSH and if I go to the console (Running in ESXI) I can see some CUPS errors on screen but also can not get it to respond to direct keyboard inputs. The only option left is to reset the machine via VMWare.
If I look in /var/log/syslog it gives no real clues. In /var/log/kern.log I see a massive gap in logs from when I reset the server:
- Jun 9 18:19:08 BINSVR3 canonical-livepatch: Client.Check Jun 9 18:19:08 BINSVR3 canonical-livepatch: Checking with livepatch service.
- Jun 9 18:19:09 BINSVR3 canonical-livepatch: updating last-check
- Jun 9 18:19:09 BINSVR3 canonical-livepatch: touched last check
- Jun 9 18:19:09 BINSVR3 canonical-livepatch: No updates available at this time.
- Jun 9 18:19:09 BINSVR3 canonical-livepatch: No payload available.
- Jun 12 07:48:10 BINSVR3 kernel: [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.15.0-51-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-059) (gcc version 7.3.0 (Ubuntu 7.3.0-16ubuntu3)) 55-Ubuntu SMP $
- Jun 12 07:48:10 BINSVR3 kernel: [ 0.000000] Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.15.0-51-generic root=/dev/mapper/BINSVR3–vg-root ro
- Jun 12 07:48:10 BINSVR3 kernel: [ 0.000000] KERNEL supported cpus:
- Jun 12 07:48:10 BINSVR3 kernel: [ 0.000000] Intel GenuineIntel
- Jun 12 07:48:10 BINSVR3 kernel: [ 0.000000] AMD AuthenticAMD
- Jun 12 07:48:10 BINSVR3 kernel: [ 0.000000] Centaur CentaurHauls
- Jun 12 07:48:10 BINSVR3 kernel: [ 0.000000] Disabled fast string operations
If anybody can assist, that would be great.
I’m looking for a way to flash stock LG firmware for the LG M700DSK (Q6) in GNU/Linux.
I have tried running LG UP though Wine though it doesn’t seem to open the installer for LG 8998 USB DLL. The LG UP installation itself went well. Is there anyway to flash these *.KDZ in Linux environment?