wolfram mathematica Display a map with a red dot in its capital

It is necessary to display a map of Russia, only with a red dot in its capital. I can’t do it

Graphics[{Gray, CountryData[“Russia”, “Polygon”], PointSize[Large], Red, Tooltip[Point[Reverse[CityData[#, “Coordinates”]]], CityData[#, “Name”]] & /@ CityData[{Metropolis, “Russia”}]}]

enter image description here

enter image description here

Mathematica code for Beamer in LaTeX

I am trying to include a Mathematica code in Beamer. I tried lstlisting and verbatim environments but I am not satisfied with the outcome. A fancy way to include Mathematica code in LaTeX has been introduced here: Fanciest way to include Mathematica code in LaTeX. Nevertheless, this approach does not seem to work in beamer:

\documentclass{beamer} \usepackage{soul} \usepackage{media9} \usetheme{Madrid} 

(above there is my pramble). Any ideas on how to include Mathematica code in a fancy way?

How to “open all” examples in local help pages for Mathematica 12?

Sorry if this is easy to find, but I am not able to find it.

When I do ?DSolve and select local help (this is new in V12), the help page that comes up says there are 157 examples. But below it only 2 basic examples are shown.

How does one open or see all 157 examples at once to browse them all? Clicking on Examples only closes the basic examples page.

Mathematica graphics

Is one supposed to manually open each link in the list below and search each looking for these examples?

Now if I select the web version of the help, I see this on https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DSolve.html

Mathematica graphics

And it works. Clicking open all it opens all examples there. I did not count there are 157 ofcourse, but at least all examples are on same page on the web.

How can one view all 157 examples of DSolve in the local help page?

V 12, windows 10.

Can I use Mathematica ML capability to translate an image of a formula?

If I am given a pdf image of a mathematical symbolic formula can I translate it into Mathematica syntax using ML?

I tried using Classify, but I can only translate parts of the equation and I don’t know how do to group the pieces together. Moreover, I found the training set can not have an equal sign. [![I pasted an image because of the images in the training set

image of the training set

produce this output:

enter image description here


Parallel installation of two versions of Mathematica on Linux

What is the proper way to install e.g. Mathematica 12 alongside existing Mathematica 11.3? This link talks about installing Mathematica but it specifically says that the executable files will be placed in /usr/local/bin thus if I install Mathematica 12 using the standard procedure, these files will be replaced.

I know I could place the Mathematica 12 executables elsewhere but that is not a neat solution, I would probably prefer renaming them such as to include the version or not even putting the links in /usr/local/bin at all. Anyway, this is solvable using a different directory and then deleting it or some other way. Is there anything else that might get overwritten and I need to take care of it?

Solving Heat Equation Problem in Mathematica

I’m brand new to Mathematica and was trying to solve this heat equation problem, but I keep getting back the input on the output line.

The problem:

Consider the equation $ u_t = u_{xx} – 9 u_x$ , $ 0\lt x\lt1 , t\gt0$ , with boundary condition $ u(0,t) = 0 , u(1,t) = 0$ and initial condition $ u(x,0) = e^{4.5x}\!\left(5\sin\!\left(\pi x\right)+9\sin\!\left(2\pi x\right)+2\sin\!\left(3\pi x\right)\right)$ . Solve $ u(x,t)=?$

My try at the code:

heqn = D[u[x,t],t] == D[u[x,t],{x,2}]-9*D[u[x,t],x];  ic = {u[x,0] == E^(4.5x)*(5 Sin [Pi*x] + 9 Sin [2*Pi*x] + 2 Sin [3*Pi*x]), u[0,t] == 0, u[1,t] == 0}; sol = DSolveValue[{heqn,ic},u[x,t],{x,t}] 

The output is just a simplified version of my input.

What am I doing wrong?

Problem exporting vector graphics (PDF) in Mathematica Notebook Front-End using remote kernel on linux

I’m not being able to export vector graphics images (especially PDF) in a Mathematica Notebook Front-End in Windows 8.1 using a remote kernel on a Linux server.

I can, however, export Raster Image Formats without a problem.

One interesting thing to point out is the fact that when accessing the server directly via ssh command line, launching Mathematica kernel and executing the same Export command, it works fine.

Mathematica 11.3 is the version being used on both computers.

Example of a Mathematica Notebook:

SetDirectory["/home/results"]  plt = Plot[x, {x, 0, 1}]  Export["test.gif", plt]  (*Works fine*)  Export["test.jpg", plt]  (*Works fine*)  Export["test.png", plt]  (*Works fine*)  Export["test.pdf", plt]  (*Does not work*)  Export["test.eps", plt]  (*Does not work*)