How exactly would one use the Profession (Cook) skill?

For one of the campaigns I’m going to be starting soon, most of our time will be spent out of ‘civilization,’ so our GM ruled that we would have to either acquire our own food from the wilderness (through uses of the Survival skill), or we would have to buy enough food to sustain us as we travel.

After hearing this, I ask our GM if it would be helpful for me to take ranks in Profession (Cook) to prepare food while we were out (because it might be possible that we could buy some ingredients and then make a lower DC Survival check to find enough food to supplement the ingredients we had already bought). He said that this would be a great idea, I just had to find reasonable rules for buying ingredients.

So I pored over Ultimate Equipment trying to find ingredients, and I found these “ingredients:” Bread, Caviar, Cheese, Chocolate, Fortune cookie, Honey, Ice cream, Maple syrup, Meat, Travel cake mix, and Yogurt, within the “food and drink” section; and Allspice, Basil, Beans, Cardamom, Chicken, Chilies, Cinnamon, Citrus, Cloves, Coffee beans, Cumin, Dill, Fennel, Flour, Garlic, Ginger, Mint, Mustard, Nutmeg, Nuts, Oregano, Pepper, Potatoes, Rosemary, Saffron, Salt, Sugar, Tobacco, Turnips, Vanilla, Wheat in the “trade goods” section.

This is a decent amount of ingredients yes, but there arises a different question, how much of what is needed to make a given meal? Then, how could it be edited to fit the survivalists helping supplement?

Is Blacksmithing a profession or a skill for Pathfinder?

Is Blacksmithing a profession or a craft skill for Pathfinder?

I ask since looking the craft skill and seeing weapons and armor as separate craft skills, it made me wonder. Blacksmith have been known to make both arms and armor. Why can’t Blacksmith be a skill and the profession variant would be a specialist of the craft. Profession – Weaponsmith or Armorsmith?

Change Profession in Passport for Visa Application

I’m currently working as a Teaching Assistant in a public university and I’m also working as a part time developer at a software company. My occupation in the passport is “Teaching Assistant”. I applied for a master’s degree scholarship and got an admission from a private university abroad. The next step is to apply for the schengen visa. the required documents for the visa application include:

  • A letter from the workplace indicating the leave date and the leave approval, and in the case of an employee in the government they should provide an official approval on sending them for study.

Getting a leave letter from my public university is hard since I’ve applied to a private university which is not recognized by my university. So they will not approve my leave (I plan to quit the university in the case of getting the visa). While getting a leave letter from the software company I work for is much easier.

Should I change the occupation in my passport and not mention anything about working for my current university? If I apply with the current profession (with the occupation specified as TA) and with only the leave letter from the company will this harm my application?

Note : I’m from Egypt and the private university I applied for is in Spain.