Each alert freezes the desktop for some seconds

Say I am in an app that sends some alert. For instance, when in a terminal I write some gibberish and then press tab. Then, for some seconds, Ubuntu (I don’t know which subsystem really does it) freezes for some seconds before beeping. (I can still move around the mouse, but nothing else.) Then, if I repeat the same action again immediately, it works as expected (beeps without delay). But if I wait some seconds and try again, I get the same ill-behavior. I’m completely at loss here, and it’s really annoying. Help very much appreciated!

Hide some choice value based on current choice value on the same field in Sharepoint 2013

I use Sharepoint 2013. On the form, I have a field called ‘Status’ with multiple choices. e.g. “Step 1″,”Step 2”, “Step 3”, “Step 4”, “Step 5”, “Step 6”, “Closed”, etc. I have more than 10 choices.

When open an edit form, based on current Status, I only want to display some choice on this field, not all choices.

For example: If current status is ‘Step 1’, only show ‘Step 1’, ‘Step 2’, ‘Step 4’, ‘Closed’ on the field.

If current status is ‘Step 4’, only show ‘Step 4’, ‘Step 6’, and ‘Step 7’.

Prefer javascript/jquery/css …

Thanks in advance! JJ

ERROR: check constraint “dates_check” is violated by some row

ALTER table myTable ADD CONSTRAINT dates_check CHECK(start_date::date < end_date::date);


ERROR: check constraint “dates_check” is violated by some row


select start_date, end_date from myTable where start_date::date > end_date::date;


start_date | end_date ------------+---------- (0 rows)

Why are some of the Stunts in The Expanse RPG labelled ‘Core’?

The system for The Expanse is the AGE system, so I’m hoping someone with another game which uses AGE can answer this. Neither The Expanse core rules nor the Blue Rose RPG have any rules about it!

In all the lists of stunts, the first few have the label (Core) written before their name. For instance the first five of the General Combat Stunts are:

  • (Core) Adrenaline Rush
  • (Core) Momentum
  • (Core) Duck and Weave
  • Take Cover
  • Guardian Angel

    What does Core mean? Does it have a game mechanic effect which applies to using or choosing those particular stunts?

I came up with a way to modify Dijkstra’s Algorithm to handle graphs with some negative edge weighs (as long as there are no negative cycles) [duplicate]

This question already has an answer here:

  • Why can't we find shortest paths with negative weights by just adding a constant so that all weights are positive? 2 answers
  1. Let $ w_{min} < 0$ be the lowest weight of an edge in $ G$ .
  2. Add a constant $ c\geq |w_{min}|$ to each edge of $ G$ , so that each edge now has non-negative weight.
  3. Run Dijkstra’s algorithm on this modified graph.
  4. Compensate for the added weighs on each edge by subtracting them from the total distance.

Can anyone tell me if this is viable or if it fails?

Can’t connect to some wifi networks. Crashes on connecting

I’m using Ubuntu 19.04 on my new laptop and I was able to successfully connect to some networks. Some of them however won’t let me connect. I can select them but as soon as I press connect it just crashes. The only thing I can think of that is noteworthy about these networks specifically is that they require an email and password rather than just a password like a home network. Might be unrelated but twice an error message telling me that something went wrong with gnome-control-center also came up around the time that it crashed due to this.

How I can install Java JRE in ubuntu. I have some errors [duplicate]

This question already has an answer here:

  • Get error when install Oracle JDK 8 on Ubuntu 18.04 [duplicate] 2 answers

When I try to install java JRE and using:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java

I got ok

sudo apt-get update

I got ok

sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer

I got error

sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree        Reading state information... Done Package oracle-java8-installer is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source E: Package 'oracle-java8-installer' has no installation candidate 

Please I need help Thank you