- I have a page with infinite scrolling on it.
- I display news in descending order of time and new items keep coming in
- When people go to the bottom of the page, they load more items automatically and this goes on till my database is not exhausted
- I also have a search bar at the top of my page letting people search news
- Here is my concern, user loads page, user scrolls down 4 pages
- User types something in search box, the 4 pages are completely gone and we have 50 new results instead relevant to the user’s search
- User clears search, now we load 50 default items once again
Should I save the state of the page when user jumps between searches?
- Example, user loads page, goes down 4 pages
- User types “Election news” in the search box, default state is stored in local storage with 200 results
- User searches “UK news” in the search box, election news with 50 items is stored in local storage
- user clears search box
- Default 200 items loaded from local storage instantly
Could I get best performance than I already obtain with automata using better than state machines performance in a common case?
In the Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron (p. 68-69 – the version quoted here is as it appears in UA: Eberron Races), a Warforged has the two following traits:
Sentry’s Rest. When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. […]
Warforged Resilience. […] You don’t need to sleep and don’t suffer the effects of exhaustion due to lack of rest, […]
(Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron, emphasis mine)
While Sentry’s Rest states the rest must be taken, Warforged Resilience seems to indicate there is no penalty for not doing so.
What are the actual consequences for a Warforged that does not go inactive during a long rest?
I can’t figure out what is wrong with my solution and why does it differ from book’s solution. I think the only thing that matters is the previous state of A so that there should be two states, one for previous A=0 and one for previous A=1. Where am I mistaken? I would really appreciate any explanation.
I’m developing a web application which features a list of items. The list can be filtered by type, and the user can choose to view one or more types at once. Let’s say the types are Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow.
My idea was to use checkboxes, one for each type, so that e.g. when Blue and Yellow is selected, then the list contains the sum of these two. Basic logic.
Now, the default view is as above: no type is selected. In the app’s logic, this is treated the same as selecting all types – in other words, all items are visible on the list. The user can now click on the type they’re interested in, and the list will only contain that.
Is this an intuitive approach?
Or maybe all the checkboxes should be selected on init instead?
Or perhaps a completely different mechanic should be used in place of checkboxes?
I couldn’t decide and made a list of pros and cons:
- All checkboxes empty on init
- 🙂 One click required to filter by one given type
- 🙁 It doesn’t make much sense that nothing checked means all shown
- All checkboxes checked on init
- 🙁 Three clicks required to filter by one given type
- 🙂 Makes more sense that all checked means all shown
I’m not sure if my reasoning is correct. Looking at shops which let you e.g. select a laptop brand, it’s normal for them to start with all options unchecked. But since my app’s list is rather short and filtering results are immediate, I’m not sure if any of these approaches is better than the other, or maybe I’m missing a better way.
How do I prove a PDA with a single active accept state is decidable?
PDA has multiple possible accept states but only ends up using one of them.
At my workplace we are implementing a process so my colleagues can share the burp states of the security assessment of the project.
The issue here is, sometimes we have to use personal account information to check productions issues.
My question is about is there any option provided in burpsuite tool that I can use it to remove such sensitive data in logs before sharing it with anyone?
I am given an assignment to design a tiny arithmetic unit (from 0 to 15 inclusive) start with 0 and using a DFA. The operations are as follow:
- increment x+1 and if x+1 is larger than 15 then x+1 goes to 0
- decrement x-1 and if x-1 is less than 0 then x-1 goes to 15
- multiplication: 2*x and if 2*x is larger than 15 then we take 2*x – 16
- division: we simply take the floor of (x/2)
My initial though of the solution was as follow:
1) number the states as follow q0,q1,q2,…,q15 where q0 is the initial state. So the state represent the result of the arithmetic operations
2) the transitions between the states represent the arithmetic operations.
However, soon after I remembered my teacher saying that the DFA return a string of transitions.
My question is can we make the DFA return the final state only (so in my case if it returns qN then the result is N) ? if not how should I solve this problem?
Estimate the big o and state the family of the algorithm gn = n(mm+m)
I have many problem in state list in dropdown after enter the first letter in contact form 7. So Please give me solution that how to get state list in dropdown after enter the first letter in contact form 7 in wordpress.