Ubuntu installation stuck after first reboot on encryption password screen

Ubuntu installation stuck at the encryption password screen

I’ve just installed Ubuntu without any problem using normal installation.

My GPU is Nvidia and Ubuntu is installed on SSD. (I’ve another HDD)

Then I decided to try the encryption feature as shown below.

enter image description here

Unfortunately, right after the first reboot, it just stuck at the encryption password screen. (this is not my actual screenshot, the image was taken from https://linuxhint.com/encrypt_drive_ubuntu/.

The actual message on my screen after I entered the password is cryptsetup (nvme0n1p3_crypt):set up successfully and it just stuck there like forever.

enter image description here

If you need more info to solve this issue, please let me know.

Sharepoint 2013 Workflow Stuck in starting when executed from powershell

URL of the Site

$ web = Get-SPWeb -Identity “https://mysite/sites”

Get the Workflow Manager.

$  workmanager = $  web.Site.WorkFlowManager   

Name of the list

$ list = $ web.Lists[“Picture Library”]

Name of the Workflow

$  assoc = $  list.WorkflowAssociations.GetAssociationByName("PictureNameUpdates","en-US")    $  data = $  assoc.AssociationData   $  items = $  list.Items   foreach($  item in $  items)   {       $  wf = $  workmanager.StartWorkFlow($  item,$  assoc,$  data,$  true)   }    $  workmanager.Dispose()   $  web.Dispose()   

LVM snapshot stuck during merge

I created a snapshot of an LV and I now wish to revert it back to its original state.

Unfortunately, this operation seems to have gone totally wrong and it is now stuck:

# /sbin/lvconvert -v --merge /dev/vg01/ubuntu1804-tester-snapshot     Using logical volume(s) on command line.   Snapshot ubuntu1804-tester-snapshot is already merging.   Unable to merge LV "ubuntu1804-tester-snapshot" into its origin.  # lvs --all   LV                                      VG   Attr       LSize   Pool Origin                 Data%  Meta%  Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert   root                                    rhel -wi-------  17,00g                                                                       swap                                    rhel -wi-------   2,00g                                                                     <snip other disks>   ubuntu1804-tester                       vg01 Owi-a-s---  10,00g                                                                       [ubuntu1804-tester-snapshot]            vg01 Swi-a-s---  10,00g      ubuntu1804-tester      100,00                                  

Data% remains at 100% no matter what. How can I fix this? Rebooting the entire system is… possible, but should be a last resort.

Decrypting external HD via terminal, seems stuck

I originally started to encrypt an external drive via right clicking the image and hitting “encrypt”. It got to about 4% progress when I decided to reverse the process. Running OSX Sierra.

I ran a terminal command and have left it for about 12 hours, and it is still stuck on “pending”

+-> Logical Volume Family       ----------------------------------------------------------      Encryption Type:         AES-XTS      Encryption Status:       Unlocked      Conversion Status:       Converting      Reversion State:         Pending      High Level Queries:      Not Fully Secure      |                        Has Visible Users      |                        Has Volume Key      |      +-> Logical Volume           ---------------------------------------------------          Disk:                  disk5          Status:                Online          Size (Total):          999489667072 B (999.5 GB)          Conversion Progress:   Paused          Revertible:            Yes (unlock and decryption required)          LV Name:               volume name          Volume Name:           volume name          Content Hint:          Apple_HFS 

MacBook-Pro:~ $ diskutil cs list | grep -e “Conversion” -e /Volumes/ volume name

    Conversion Status:       Converting          Conversion Progress:   Paused 

The problem is I can’t wipe the disk, as there is no back up of the data (long story). Is there any way to force the decrypt to continue? If not, should I just go back to finishing the encryption? Or is 12 hours or more to be expected in this process and I should be patient?

Or will the drive still be usable if I simply eject?

Thanks in advance.

My WiFi speed stuck at 1Mb/s

so I read multiple threads about this problem and my rate is limited to 1Mb/s (or that is what iwconfig tells me.) Here is my output of iwconfig:

    lo        no wireless extensions.  wlx98ded00e2a41  IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"Niko PC"             Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.427 GHz  Access Point: 64:66:B3:C3:E0:90              Bit Rate=1 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm              Retry short limit:7   RTS thr=2347 B   Fragment thr:off           Power Management:off           Link Quality=41/70  Signal level=-69 dBm             Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0           Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:5685   Missed beacon:0  enp3s0    no wireless extensions. 

I am using TL-WN822N v4 and I am connected to my home network. I tried running sudo iwconfig wlx98ded00e2a41 rate 54M whhich outputs:

Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) : SET failed on device wlx98ded00e2a41 ; Operation not supported. 

Then I tried with wlan0 which is not even listed and it just said, device not found. Thanks guys.

I have tried installing my drivers – did not help (not sure if done correctly).