I need some support with optimising this multi-class build.
I’m playing in a D&D 5e party where we receive high incoming damage.Our GM is allowing us to multi-class and use feats and spells from the core books as well as Unearthed Arcana (UA), e.g. Feat/Spells from 2020 UA relases. The storyline in our campaign is likely to come to an end when we reach L12; so, I have another 4 levels probably.
My PC is a Satyr and my stats are:
Str (8), Dex (16), Con (16), Int (9), Wis (16), Cha (16)
The build I have chosen so far is:
- L3 Rogue (The Revived) UA
- L2 Warlock (Hexblade) XGtE
- L3 Druid (Circle of Spores) UA
I have chosen my classes and sub-classes but:
Where do I go from here – what is the best order to level my next 4 levels?
Criteria are: single-target damage / survivability / action economy
I want my main role to be damage support on single targets
I also want to be able to survive/escape with ease
The Path of the Ancestral Guardian Barbarian (Xanathar’s Guide to Everything, p. 9-10) is an extremely powerful barbarian. It pretty much makes your allies invulnerable against an enemy boss.
But it does nothing for your own health. It will greatly incentivize enemies to take you down first to be rid of your annoying Guardian benefits.
Assuming I’m currently level 3 as an Ancestral Guardian, and leveling soon to 4, my stats are average (point buy), and I have no healing from allies, what is the best way to maximize my survivability for fights to come?
- I’m willing to look into multiclassing, if there’s a valid strategy there.
- I don’t expect anyone else to grab any healing abilities.
- I’m not interested in specific magical items. (Potions and other common/uncommon magic items are fine)
- I expect the campaign to last until about level 10.
- By character level 10, I would like to have at least 6 levels of Barbarian
- Emphasis on surviving against bosses, if possible.
- Expected about 2 combat encounters per day.
If it helps refine your answer, my party consists of:
- A Champion Fighter (who is very cowardly and selfish, doesn’t tank much)
- A Fey Warlock (fairly standard, supportive player)
- An Evocation Wizard (who lives to blow stuff up)
- A Ranger/Rogue (who uses stealth and long range)
I am brand spanking new to D&D. I have picked a Beast Master Ranger as my first class and I’m having serious issues with the survivability of the animal companion.
I picked a Panther as my pet. I see a lot of lists with the original pets you can choose from, but I can’t seem to find a list of pet upgrades (stronger pets at higher levels). My Panther is pretty good right now while I’m only Level 4, but she took ONE hit and almost died twice. (Her AC=14 & HP=16) So I have to be very careful with her. This seems like a really big issue that is only going to get worse at higher levels.
What are the best ways for me to improve my companion’s survivability going forward?
I’m open to any options including strategies, spells, class features, etc. that will help my animal companion survive more in battle.
Magic Items are an option, but they are not at all common in our world, so I’d prefer answers not to include them.
I’m playing with a Cleric, Druid, Warlock, Rogue, Wizard, Barbarian, & Bard. We are all Level 4. Our Cleric has “Bless”, but I don’t see any spells on their list that increase defenses. We don’t have any tools at the moment.