It’s not clear to me how unloaded wallets behave in Bitcoin Core v0.17.0.1.
If I create a new wallet with
createwallet, add a receiving address to it using
importmulti, then unload it using
- Will bitcoind still detect payments to this wallet’s address(es)? (seems yes)
- If yes, will that detection happen only when I use
loadwalletagain? (seems yes)
- If yes, will that require a rescan of (recent) blocks? (I’m worried about how long this might take, if it’s been months or years since I last loaded this wallet.)
- If yes, will that be a problem on a pruned node?
- If yes, should I avoid this multi-wallet feature on a pruned node, or is there a safe way to use it without risking large re-downloads? (e.g. never unload it)