I have an application that needs to store Network Credentials for a Network Drive/Share on the disk. The user shouldn’t need to enter the password every time. The OS is WinPE, so he cannot map the drive once and it will stay there.
- I need the password in plain text, to map the drive.
- The program should work without an additional password that the user has to enter.
- Hash + Salt is not reversible, so I cannot get the password in plain text.
- An encrypted password is not safe, because the program has to store the key. If someone looks inside the code he will get the key and decrypt the password.
- I cannot use the “Protect Data” interface of windows, because I use WinPE. Protect Data Documentation
The program is written in C#. Maybe someone has a good idea about my problem. Thanks!
I am trying to PXE boot Windows. I have a Samba share setup, ISO mounted, looks good on the server side.
The default menu entry is as follows:
LABEL Windows Server 2012 MENU LABEL Windows Server 2012 KERNEL /memdisk INITRD /windows/winpe.iso APPEND iso raw
I built a WindowsPE image with DISM, base PE files + Dell drivers. I created both a USB drive output and an ISO output. The USB drive I made boots fine. The ISO gives me the following output and then boots the local hard drive.
I have previously successfully executed a WinPE image, but that image didn’t have the drivers I needed. Thus, I think my default is ok. This ISO is about 333 MB, whereas the original was about 1/3rd of that.
But when I attempt to boot my new WinPE ISO, I get the following messages:
PXE Boot Screenshot
And then it boots to local drive, not the desired ISO.