Terms for the interface (interactions and designs)

I’m Lin – this is my first post and I’m hoping you could help me out. I’m studying interaction design (via a Swedish uni) and I’m having some difficulty finding [English] terms for different interactions and interface designs. Terms like lightbox popup and modal overlays. A couple of days ago I found myself miserably failing in describing a feature on Amazon (gone now, must have been an A/B test) where, after you add an item to the basket, a window slides out from the right, displaying what’s in the basket, and with a button navigating to the checkout page. What would I call a function like this? What I really want to ask though, is if you know a website where I can find a list of terms and explanations for different types of interactions like this. Many thanks for your help, Lin