I am trying to run merge replication of the database between two servers (both are SQL Server version 15). Both servers are in the domain. On both I am logged using this domain account (all server roles enabled like sysadmin, serveradmin, setupadmin).
I created publication using wizard and selected following options:
- ‘Merge publication’
- ‘SQL Server 2008 or later’
- Then I selected one table as object to publish
- No filters
- I unchecked ‘Schedule the Snapshot Agent to run at the following times’
- Snapshot Agent: ‘Run under the following windows account’ – I entered my domain account + password
- Connect to the publisher: ‘By impersonating the process account’
Publication has been created successfully.
I created subscription using wizard and selected following options:
- Publication dialog – I have selected publication which I have just created
- ‘Run each agent at its Subscriber (pull subscription)’
- I have selected the database on the destination server (I created it before running subscription wizard)
- Merge agent security dialog: again I have entered my domain credentials, Connect to Distributor: ‘by impersonating…’, Connect to Subscriber: ‘by impersonating…’
- Synchronization schedule dialog: ‘Subscriber’, ‘Run continuously’
- Initialize Synchronizations dialog: ‘Initialize’, ‘At first synchronization’
- Subscription Type: ‘Client’, ‘First to Publisher wins’
Subscription has been created successfully
But when I right click on subscriber and select ‘View synchronization status’ the message appears:
'No agent status information is available.'
and when I try to click ‘Start’ button then the error message appears:
'The agent could not be started. SQLServerAgent Error: Request to run job DEV-SQL1\DB1-ag_publ5-ag_publication_5_2-DEV-SQL2\DB1-ag_subs5- 0 (from User sa) refused because the job is already running from a request by User sa. Changed database context to 'ag_subs5'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 22022) '
I created snapshots on the publisher site, stop the related job on the subscriber site and then pressed ‘Start’ button in ‘View synchronization status’ dialog, but the result is always as described above.
Any suggestion how can I start my subscriber are kindly appreciated.