I am currently developing a 3d dungeon crawler which implements a procedural dungeon generation system which works perfectly fine. I am currently trying to optimize the game to the best of my abiltiy. These are some of the this I’ve implemented so far please let me know if you have any other suggestions:
- Static Batching for all the generated rooms and all the generated decor using StaticBatchingUtility.Combine()
- Occlusion Culling (though I am not sure if it works correctly because the dungeon is generated at runtime, maybe you have any suggestions on how to correctly implement it)
- LOD Groups for each room prefab and decor object
- Custom mesh colliders made in blender that have a low poly count for each object
- Hard Shadows on all point lights, that are realtime, and currently using defferd lighting on the project settings. And the lights light up as you enter the room.
- Quality settings are kept as default
- Currently there is only a fps controller and the dungeon generator so there aren’t any other scripts that might be impacting performance
- No effects or particle systems in the scene
- All objects use the same material and is not cloned when the prefab is instantiated.
If you have any other suggentions I would really appreciate it. If you need any more info please don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks