US citizen denied entry to the UK; will it go away if I renew my passport or get an enhanced drivers license?

I was denied entry to the UK due to unpaid house sitting (though I was originally let in for 45 days the first time after telling them I was house sitting).

There’s a big ol’ X in my passport now and it’s going to raise lots of questions wherever I go and make house sitting in other countries difficult. I want to house sit in Canada and am thinking of getting an Enhanced Driver’s License or just renewing my passport, which I need to do soon anyhow.

My question is: Besides the UK, what countries will know about my denied entry if there’s no paper proof in front of them? How will this haunt me besides making entry to the UK difficult? How will the US government approach this when I renew?