I was surprised that this question has not been asked.
I want to find out what the most damage that can be done in a single round?
Here are the rules.
- Rules from Official Hardcover books only.
- Any official playable race can be used.
- No optional rules, other than those listed here.
- Multiclassing and feats are permitted.
- Characters can be up to LV 20
- Standard point buy for stats.
- No Magic items.
- No infinite loops we are not trying to break the system. We are trying to find the maximum damage in a reasonable setting.
- Consistent effects only. Random elements like wild magic cannot be used.
- Epic Boons are permitted if you use the Aberrant Dragonmark feat.. You can choose the boon you would like.
- No outside help. Permanent summoned creatures are permitted, and considered to have already been summoned.(find steed, familiar, homunculous.. etc..) Their damage can be added to yours in the calculation.
- Assume one average target with no unusual defenses.
- All attacks hit.
- All saves are passed.
- Polymorph is allowed, but I suspect there are better methods.
- Any attack or combination of spells and attacks can be used provided you are following the rules.
- Include the Maximum rolled damage as well as the average damage, where average is calculated using min+maximum /2 to calculate it.
I understand that a lot of you don’t like optimization questions. But try to leave me a comment before you give me a negative vote. I will address the issue and fix it(If possible).
This post is for people who do enjoy the theory craft and challenge. I think it will be interesting to find out what the damage limit is.