I’m looking to play a retro clone or something that is similar to old style D&D, but with the rules smoothed over a bit.
I’m seeing LOTS of different systems and it’s a bit daunting.
Some attributes I’d like to compare, to give you an example:
- randomly spawning monsters?
- random monster attitudes towards the players?
- random treasure
- random diseases
- random etc…
- inventory management: weight? slots?
- player reviews
- popularity / size of community
- what is the max level / how long to recover from player death
- are all encounters beatable?
- how is armor class calculated?
- are there dungeon turns?
- light management
- hex-crawl rules / overworld travel rules
- reaction rolls
- number of skills
- death at 0HP vs stabilization rolls
- magic system mechanics
Is there a comparison chart that can help me compare lots of different systems?